“As a result of the Organizational Renewal for Confidence and Quality Project – ROCC, which began in 2016, ONAC’s strategy, framed in ONAC’s Superior Purpose, was built, which integrates: the mission, vision, strategic axes and values that, in turn, will shape the organizational culture on which each of the strategic components are based and that will allow the activation of the Higher Purpose”
ONAC Strategy 2017-2022
The following diagram explains how the Organizational Culture underpins the three axes that structure ONAC’s strategy: Learning Organization, Operational Excellence, and Exceptional Service. It is on these pillars, on the mission, the vision, and the higher purpose that the fulfillment of the (Giant and Audacious) MEGA ONAC 2022 Goal is based.
ONAC's Superior Purpose
The Agency’s Higher Purpose is the statement through which it expresses the raison d’être of the organization and the elements of inspiration and cohesion for its work team and its work, becoming a mobilization enabler.
“Everything we do is to ensure confidence in quality,
to transform the world into a better place.”
ONAC accredits the competence of conformity assessment bodies and acts as a monitoring authority in good laboratory practices, in a timely, competent, impartial, and coherent manner, generating trust and promoting quality, competitiveness and innovation in the market.
By 2022, we will be recognized by our customers and stakeholders as a strategic partner that generates value for our level of competence, service, innovation and development of new accreditation schemes, being a national and international reference.
Our Corporate Values
The values and desired behaviors within the organizational culture were also delineated within the strategic definition. Thus, it was established that, as we ensure confidence in the quality to transform the world into a better one, we will do so with people who value:
- Honesty: we act correctly, with transparent behavior, guaranteeing that our actions are impartial, in good faith and that they are governed by rules and regulations.
- Commitment: we are loyal to ONAC, we fulfill our duties with timeliness and quality, we assume the consequences of what we have done and we give more than what is expected of us.
- Respect: we recognize, appreciate and value the diversity, rights and needs of each individual, the environment and the social environment.
- Service Attitude: the customer is the most important thing for us; we are ready to meet their needs and we do it with interest, joy and the best disposition.
- Humility: We act without arrogance, we listen to and value others, we have a permanent attitude of learning.
Promise of Value
The value promise of ONAC’s new strategy is based on the promise to demonstrate that in all its actions there is a willingness to serve, suitability and competence, to make stakeholders feel that:
- We contribute to your continuous improvement
- We add value to your business
- We support you nationally and internationally
- They are being effectively involved, engaged and recognized.
MEGA ONAC 2022
For the quantification of the Vision, a MEGA (Giant Audacious) Goal was defined, in which the main challenges of the organization to the year 2022 are gathered:
By 2022 ONAC will achieve 80% of clients considering the service received as very good or excellent*; obtain 8 new MRAs of national interest and increase the number of accredited bodies by 20%.
* It means a result of 80% in the excellent/very good component of question 10 of the satisfaction survey ” In general, how do you evaluate the service and behavior of ONAC?”.
ONAC is committed to building confidence in accreditation based on its independence, a high level of technical competence and the continuous improvement of its management system, in accordance with the provisions of ISO/IEC 17011, to meet the expectations of stakeholders; and to act with social responsibility, contributing to the consolidation of SICAL.